October 27, 2009

Dear Diary #2

Last week I spent an obscene amount of money and absolutely none of it was for recreational purposes. With each and every single cent that left my wallet, I couldn't help but wish I had listened to Jeffrey the Giraffe. He always said, he didn't want to grow up, which was cool, until I realized that meant having your dad walk in on me and my girlfriend or being told my friends couldn't come over. Times like those made me want to grow up, made me wish I wasn't a Toys-R-Us kid, so now, at 24, I'm all grown up, out living on my own and damn it's hard.

The need to grow up has cost me a clean house, groceries, cable, internet, laundry, and most importantly prepared meals. Rather than occasionally helping in providing those amenities and essentials, I decided to solely provide them. Needless to say this first month of "free living", how ironically dubbed, has been anything but. Is this why Jeffrey never wanted to grow up? Because those toys aren't all that cool, so I have to wonder what he knew about growing up when he sand his tune.

While at this point there are no regrets, I do not wish I was still living at home or anything of the sort, but I will admit to how shocked I am at the cost of living. Not living with Robin Leech but living like Cheech, it's handicapping. If you're already out in the world, throw me some tips on surviving this rat race. If you're still at home, pick up every penny you see laying on the street, you'll need them to pay your bills or if you're lucky reestablish your saving account.

No comments: