August 28, 2009

Dear Diary

After about four years I have finally decided to get my act together and get back to school. I mean the luxurious life of a security guard aside, it was finally time to grow up. So naturally as friends enter law or grad school, I have enrolled into community college to earn myself some sort of degree. With the conclusion of my first week nearing I have realized that I am way out of practice. Like the couch potato who up and decides to join a gym only to find that they are gassed after completing the warm-up portion of their workout on the treadmill. That's essentially me in school.

Truman, the school I attend, is not a large campus, in fact it is just building with three levels. However I am so out of practice that navigating the halls is not only confusing but tiresome. I am physically out of shape as it is, so all of this walking and climbing stairs is taking its toll. Now put the two together, being out of practice and shape, and there you see me a lost panting fool on the wrong side of level 3.

What I have also realized in this short week is that I am more impatient than when I last took orders from a professor. Maybe it is the fact that all of my classes are at least two hours long, but every second seems like a minute and every minute ten. It is truly dreadful but what really boils my blood and slows time down even more, are all of the dumb people. I know you are paying for these classes, so if you don't get it by all means ask questions, but please stop volunteering your wrong answers. And another thing, if you don't get it after asking three times, go see the professor during their office hours!

All things considered though, I am glad to be back in school. I fully intend on hitting the books hard because I'm back and rocking that 45 for my come back tour towards whatever degree I'm earning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY!! Im happy for you. =)