April 29, 2009

Oh what a night

It was a Saturday and I was at St. Ignatius. It could not have been for a Saturday JUG with Sebastian and Simon seeing as I had graduated a mere 5 years ago. No, this time I had volunteered to come in, even paid to be there. If you don't already know or haven't figured it out yet, I was back in high school for my reunion and I'm more than glad I went. Now at the risk of the blog becoming monotonous I will not go into great detail about the rawness that is a high school reunion (Kid Grey did a nice job). But to those who have declined attending their reunions or look down upon the function, give it a chance. Although it has a lot in common with those parent less ragers from once upon a time, it is so much better. For example at those parent less ragers there is an absence of certain most improved players (girls/guys who got hot(ter) since the last time seen). Now that is one advantage on the surface but as a class we were also much more comfortable with each other and welcoming no matter annoying one may have been back in the day. When the letter comes in the mail for you, get to the reunion. It'll be a blast just so long as you avoid the teachers and don't grow roots near the bar.

No comments: