April 10, 2009

Poor Name Choice is an Understatement

Planned Parenhood Express. They even had the nerve to put it in a strip mall, it next to like a Cold Stone Creamery....what is a Creamery anyway?


Funny Photo Friday:
It's very creative, but I think it's a bad idea to name a product the "Titantic"

Dateline--Sunny Saturday in Oak Lawn

Fitting the post from last Thursday about couples disagreements’ and the abortion issue, I felt it necessary to ease any lasting tension with some comic relief. So the picture above is of one of the many Planned Parenthood Express locations in Illinois. Until this week I had NEVER seen one of these clinics and upon first glance all I could think was, “Really?! Is that really the word you want to use to describe the services received inside the building?” In fact, I’m pro-choice, and I still think it’s insane, but hilarious to name a clinic so poorly, and irresponsibly.


I looked into it and these clinics have been around since 2003 apparently, and no abortions or true consultations take place there, unlike other Planned Parenthoods that operate at a normal speed. No. They are mostly used for paper work, small seminars, and picking up birth control and contraceptives. But come on admit it, when you see first look at the pic, it reads like a fast food restaurant for abortions. The term “express” is so common in the service industry, that it makes it seem as if what’s going on inside that building IS NOT controversial. A good percentage of Americans believe that abortion is straight up murder and that Planned Parenthood is an organization that helps commit murders. I’m sure the people at Planned Parenthood know this, so I think it’s hilarious that they had the stones to put an “express” at the end of their name, thus knowingly invoking the idea of “express murder” in the minds of many pro-lifers. I admire PP’s sense of humor, but it’s a little uncouth in my opinion.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want my abortions to be “express” Nor do I want my parenthood planning to be “express”. As far as plans and parenthood go, there shouldn’t be anything express about it. This seems like an area that needs to be carefully thought out. You know what SHOULD be express?...Expressways, Fed Ex, trains coming into Union Station, Oil changes, the amount of time it takes for a woman to get ready to go out for one evening (never happens) but…..day to day stuff, not abortions. I would advise PP to pay closer attention to the language on which we’ve all agreed.

But, then again, I may be wrong. Maybe we are moving closer to a time of increased tolerance. It is possible that many of the controversial liberal issues will become normalized with Obama in the White House, and such bold applications of nomenclature will become commonplace. Since we already have express now, if PP was ever expanded into a free market we could have spots like “Morton’s Abortin’s’”….it would be like the Joe’s Crab Shack of Planned parenthood with an annoying staff and stupid commercials….or we could jam two controversial liberal agendas into the same building like those half-KFC half-Taco Bell joints….just call it A.B.’s and S.C.’s…..a little spot where you can do abortions or get hooked up with a stem cell fetus. If we already have express, we may very well be on our way.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

http://www.sonyclassics.com/tyson/

i feel like you all would be interested in this.